10 Creative Ways to Build Links
Posted: May 23, 2013 by Alex Chan
Everyone can use more tips on how to build links. Building links is something every website needs to stay on top of. Without links, how would a website get found? It only takes creativity and imagination. The best link builders in the world all have one thing in common – They are creative, crafty, and polite. Thinking outside the box and working well with others will let you rise above the mundane tasks of your competition, and provide positive results.
1. One of the best ways to build links on your website is to become a great story teller. Produce a mind-blowing story your fans can follow. Take advantage of your surroundings or even holidays. A crafty April's joke could easily turn into a viral story. Balance facts, interesting topics, and events or news to draw in an audience.
2. If you have the time and opportunity, interviewing experts is always a good way to build links to your website. Most experts are generally willing to help and some will jump at the chance for an interview. This is the easiest way to cross promote between yourself and the interviewee for a mutual benefit.
3. Infographics have quickly become a popular is technique over the last year. Through infographics, you can make even the most complex data seem easy and understandable. Most importantly, people love sharing infographics. When you create an infographic, provide an embedded code at the end so people can link back easily.
4. Being creative is very important. For example, create a quiz that people would find enjoyable or just simply funny as hell. If you've heard about others receiving Google penalties because of these, just don't include misleading rich anchor text with embedded badges in the quiz. Create a quiz that genuinely promotes your brand and offers a good experience for the user. Who knows, maybe it'll go viral.
5. Personalized videos are more popular today than ever before. Remember those semi-hilarious music videos with a rock band jamming, or a couple elves singing with your friends faces? Well, those not only provided a moderate level of enjoyment for you and your friends, but they also generated a lot of links for the websites that started it. It's not just about your personal creativity; provide people with an opportunity to be creative and funny themselves! They will all share, and you will benefit.
6. For companies with a little money to play with, another way for building links is by becoming a sponsor. If you sponsor an event, the website of the event will always link back to you as one of its sponsors. Plus you get to go to seminars, meet new people, and generate contacts.
7. On the other hand, sponsoring a non-profit organization may not cost anything at all. The organization can link back to your site without you paying a dime for it. Offer something tangible such as your time as a volunteer, or cross promote with your company. Supply products donations or even your time and they may respond in kind.
8. Websites with beautiful and high quality photos are more interesting than ones without any images at all. To save a little money, try creating your own unique images. All you need is a good camera and a dose of imagination. If people want to use your photos, ask them to link back to your page. Simple as that.
9. Getting press coverage is the most basic method of marketing for links. Search for PR agencies such as PRWeb and promote your website. If you don't plan on spending a lot of money, go to sites like "Help a Reporter Out", and see what you can do by yourself. Are you involved in events? Get reporters interested in you. The best marketing comes organically from outside influence.
10. If you wish to become popular within the blogging world, the best way is to become popular among bloggers. Be polite, work with as many people successfully as possible. Collaborating on products is the core behind white hat SEO, social media, and the new Internet. Not everyone is going to want to work with you, but there sure are plenty of websites out there that will.
In the end, the link building process is endless and all you need is a little creativity. These suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg. A good collection of links can be the turning point for any website.