10 Creative Website Backgrounds
Posted: July 5, 2013 by Alex Chan
Creating an amazing website is an abstract process. Yes, content is very important, but so is the presentation. Today's web designer needs to walk the fine line between delivering practical websites, and inventive layouts. Along with the rise of HTML5, designers can start applying animations, rollovers, custom images, fonts, textures, and colors. The possibilities are endless as ever. In our search for the most unique backgrounds, we came across a few gems.
Here are popular background options that we liked:
10. Using images as a background send a neat and clear story has been a popular option. The images you use as background should be related to the website and keep to a similar theme.
9. Try blurring an image or an animated background.
8. If you are a true fashionista, you'll know how to work with textures. Stripes, dots, checkers, and many more options are available.
7. Black and white shades never go out of style. Contrast can really bring out a website.
6. Bright colors can be used in the same way. The "Color-block" technique can really liven the entire website.
5. Show off your Photoshop skills.
4. Try using animations, illustrations and sketches.
3. Sometimes, simple is best.
2. Here is a great example of well combined textures.
1. All the images, colors and patterns cannot come close to the awesomeness of putting a video as a background for your website.